St. James A.M.E. Church grew out of door-to-door class meetings that started in 1877.
In 1882, the church was formally organized and was located on Chestnut Street between First and Second Streets. The church remained at this location for a short period. It was moved to Patterson Avenue and Fourth Street where it remained until 1886. A building was erected on Third Street between Maple Street and Ridge Avenue in 1888.
In 1892, property was purchased on Seventh and Ogburn Streets. A weatherboard building was built on this site, in 1903 and a new church was built and the cornerstone was laid in 1904. The Winston-Salem Redevelopment Commission requested (1963) the Seventh and Ogburn Streets site for Urban Renewal and the North-South Expressway. Services were temporarily held in the Cleveland Avenue Housing Community Center. In 1964, the present site was purchased from the Lee Memorial Presbyterian Church congregation at 1501 North Patterson Avenue and the corner of 15th Street.
St. James African Methodist Episcopal Church is a member of the Western North Carolina Annual Conference in the Second Episcopal District.
Parkway United Church of Christ is a Congregational church whose mission is to follow the teachings ...
Unity Church of Winston Salem - Core Ideas 1. God is absolute good, every-where present. 2. Human ...
We were unable to find an official website for the church. As a result we were unable to find a ...